Y’know what wedding trend is DEFINITELY + deservedly going to carry on into 2017-18?!
G R E E N E R Y
Oh yes, foliage is here to stay + that’s the best wedding trend news you’ve heard all year AM I RIGHT?!
That sleek, minimal, kinfolk-esque styling is not going out of fashion anytime soon when it comes to wedding decor + botanicals, and if that’s still your jive, the #teamTWC Suppliers got you covered!
From Florists specialising in lush greens, Stationers creating slick simple paper goods to compliment those tropical feels, Event Planners who thrive on that Scandi-vibe or Photographers who drool at the thought of a plant-filled space as a backdrop for all those dream shots… our talented gang of wedding gurus are exactly who you want on your team if you are crushing on the inspo above.
We know we are going to see a ton of killer styling at our TWC market tomorrow .. swing by The Glue Factory from 11am to chat about designing your dream Kinfolk inspired wedding space + get the right folks for the job while you are at it! Open until 3, tickets available on the door…
[ pinterest inspiration above from green wedding shoes / bash please / almost makes perfect / oh joy / once wed / alicia galer / teamTWC ]
When you click on your Pinterest and see that one week everything was right in the world and you pinned all the softest silvers + cool pink tones with just the tiniest hint of perfect cool gal grunge without even trying. That.
Join the #teamTWC pin party HERE + get the credits for all those slinky images above while your at it.
We love da pinterest inspooooooo.
The Get Knotted RECIPE for transforming your barn wedding venue!
To create warmth and intimacy in a large, vacuous area – a complete blank canvas – you will need:
• Style, flair and vision
• One happy couple, friends and family
• Make your entrance a teaser for your guests by decorating it with lanterns or fairy lights
• Arrange lights as a pathway leading inside
• Create an aisle using fresh bay trees in baskets or silver storm lanterns to walk in between as you head towards your groom
• A floral arch makes the most romantic place to say your “I do’s” underneath
• Use plenty of candle light to add to enhance the romantic atmosphere as you get married
• Match your chair cover fabrics or bale covers and cushions with the drapes to carry your theme throughout the barn..
• Divide the space inside your barn into clearly defined areas – seating, chill out, dining, bar and dancing
• Use colourful drapes to soften the light and create smaller spaces
• Be bold with fabrics and colours for a unique look
• Barrels make great poseur tables and can be great for creating more intimate spaces
• Use lots of glass wear, candles and flowers to set the scene. Group stemmed cylinder vases of different heights with floating candles to emphasise the size and structure of your barn
• Create dramatic groupings of candle holders, flowers and even fruits depending on your style and theme for added special touches to your tables
• Create a seating area with low lighting and fun soft furnishings, such as inflatable sofas, straw bales and coffee tables
• Use wide trestle tables to make use of the space, which will also provide you with enough space for food and decorations
• Reduce vast expanses of empty wall with carefully positioned lighting such as twig lights or LED birch tree lights. Use these at different heights for some added warmth. You can also use lighting to show off quirky features in your barn.
And there you have it, a recipe for transforming a barn into something wonderful. All you need to do now is enjoy your special day!
Lindsey / Get Knotted
This is what happens when #teamTWC work together… CONFETTI + MAGIC.
The shoot was held at Glasgows one of a kind blank canvas space, the Woodside Warehouse – home to our upcoming evening Bridal Market extravaganza in July.
The brief for this TWC inspo shoot was EASY-GOING BRIDE – simple styling + a relaxed cool-girl Bridal look. Modern meets minimal meets slow-living style meets CONFETTI + COLOUR + CAREFREE VIBES. A Bride not afraid to be herself on her wedding day, injecting her own everyday personal style to her look + relaxed setting. Who says you need a theme? Don’t be scared to mix the things + looks you love – we all love relaxed kinfolk vibes – but hey we love ourselves some wild colour + crap-tons of confetti too. WHY NOT right?
There’s nothing like an urban space + some gorgeous natural light to get our hearts thumping for some wedding funtimes.
Can’t wait to get our suppliers + their super powers under this roof in July – ready to meet all you creative loved up folks looking to plan modern and inspiring celebrations of love. Get on over to grab an earlybird ticket before they’re all snapped up! Then get your squad together – head on down for drinks, DJs, relaxed vibes and most importantly FUN when planning probably the biggest party you’ll ever throw. We’ll be brimming with inspiration. Think of us as the real-life Pinterest – but in Scotland. Seriously – we can make those wedding styling dreams happen.
Big ups to the power gals working with us on this shoot .. TEAM TWC 4 EVA. Look out for part 2 – the styling details coming your way very soon!
Lisa Devine Photography // Tupelo Tree // AMM wedding Hair and Make up // Woodside Warehouse
Will we ever get enough of these confetti shots? No!